I would like to be able to run at a higher resolution and single instance checking since I was able to kickoff multiple windows. Solid effort!
Slam Fighter II
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
SOME SEEK TO DESTROY IT,
OTHERS TO USE ITS POWER…
The Philosopher's Burn, the most legendary put down in history, is the prize as the world's best trash talkers face off in the diss battle of the millennium!
Slam Fighter II by Team Dogpit is a 2d fighting game in which the combatants reduce each other's hitpoints by delivering well-timed putdowns to the beat of a pulsing retro-style original soundtrack!
GAMEPLAY SO HOT YOU’LL NEED SOME ICE FOR THAT BURN
* Talk smack as one of six fully voiced elite trashtalkers. School your opponent by typing insults to the beat — the better your flow, the sicker the burn!
* Insult your way to the top in single player Campaign Mode
* Clown on your friends in local hotseat Versus Mode
* Plug in a second keyboard and use it as a second controller in Versus Mode, meaning your friends can't trip you up by typing on their own keyboard during your turn!
* Featuring 10 all-new EDM tracks by Screaming Color
New in Slam Fighter II 2.0.0!
* Each character has different strengths and weaknesses! See if you can master them all!
* Your diss actually has to be a real word! Get ready to talk smack on the fly!
* Completely rewritten engine with the best beat detection ever seen in a verbal throwdown!
* Completely new performances with audio quality so good you'll swear you're being insulted in real life!
* Need to step away for a moment? You can pause the game! WOW!!
* Achievements, leaderboards, and a good old fashioned high score table!
* Different resolution options! Want to play windowed but larger than 640x480 resolution? Go for it!
* Six different stage backgrounds that pulse in time with the music. Don't like flashy moving backgrounds? You can disable them!
* Gallery where you can unlock profiles and character art!
* Cross-platform support! Throw shade in Mac OSX or in Linux too!
* And way more!
Need support, have feedback, or just wanna say hi to cool peeps? Join us on Discord!
Content warning: this game's entire premise is based on the fact that words hurt. It therefore includes characters hurling insults at each other that contain language that does not reflect the creator's views. This game has no violence, but it does contain swearing, recommended for ages 13+.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Nov 18, 2017|
|Genre||Action, Fighting, Rhythm|
|Tags||Anime, Comedy, Pixel Art, typing, Voice Acting|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Player count||1 - 2|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Slam Fighter II 2.0.0 is out!Nov 22, 2017